oil on canvas, 73 x 54.5 cm
signed lower left: 'Kisling'
on the back paper label of Galerie Ferrero in Geneve inscribed: 'M. Kisling 1928 | Nu assis (...) | Prop. M. Bernheim Paris'
Provenance- William Preston-Harrison collection, Los Angeles, USA
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, from 1937
- Sotheby's Parke-Bernet, Los Angeles, November 1977
- Christian Fayt collection, Knokke, Belgium
- Sotheby's, New York, November 1992
- private collection, Poland
Literature- Kisling 1891-1953, Henri Troyat, ed. Jean Kisling, t. 2, Paris 1982, p. 287, no. VI (il.)
Additional Charge Details- In addition to the hammer price, the successful bidder agrees to pay us a buyer's premium on the hammer price of each lot sold. On all lots we charge 18 % of the hammer price up to and including PLN 100,000, 15 % of that part of the hammer price over PLN 100,000.
- To this lot we apply 'artist's resale right' ('droit de suite') fee. Royalties are calculated using a sliding scale of percentages of the hammer price.